This web page conforms to level A of the W3C's "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0" available at http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/.
Local School Research Application [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/local-school-research-application-form-(2016-2017).doc ]
Research Proposal Submission Calendar [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/research-submission-calendar-(2016-2017).pdf ]
Information and Instructions for Conducting Research [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/information-and-instructions-for-conducting-research-(2016-2017).pdf ]
Research Review Board Research Application [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/rrb-research-application-form-(2016-2017).doc ]
research process flow chart [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/research-process-flow-chart.pdf ]
local school research application - principals guidance [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/local-school-research-application-principals-guidance.doc ]
research review board research standards [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/institutional-review-board-research-standards.pdf ]
requirements for letter of institutional endorsement [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/requirements-for-letter-of-institutional-endorsement.pdf ]
letter of informed consent - sample [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/letter-of-informed-consent-sample.doc ]
dekalb county school district Research Interests [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/research-interests.pdf ]
letter of informed consent checklist [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/letter-of-informed-consent-checklist.pdf ]
strategic goal areas [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/link-to-strategic-goal-areas.pdf ]
research review board comment form [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/rrb-members-feedback-and-rubric-forms.pdf ]
doctoral dissertation submission tips [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/doctoral-dissertation-submission-tips.pdf ]
1. Researcher submits application w/attachments to the principal.
2. Principal reviews and approves or denies the proposal.
3. If approved, the researcher submits copy of signed application w/attachments to DCSD Department of Research, Assessments, and Grants (RAG) for documentation purposes.
4. RAG receives, reads, and files applications w/attachments for documentation.
5. Researcher forwards a copy of completed research project. RAG reads and files a copy of the completed study.
1. University official submits application packet (w/supporting documents) to RAG electronically. Applications may also be submitted by government agencies or research institutes.
2. The Department of Research, Assessments, and Grants (RAG) staff reviews the application w/ attachments (first screening).
3. Research proposal is accepted or denied for RRB review.
4. RRB review proposals 3x a year (2nd screening).
September, January, and May
5. RRB sends a letter of approval or denial to the researcher.
6. If approved, researcher secures permission from the principal(s) to conduct the research at the school site.
7. If denied, researcher my resubmit proposal (at a later date).
8. Researcher submits a copy of the completed study to RAG.
|Submission Deadline||Reviewed||Decision Letter Sent
|August 26, 2016||September 2016||September 30, 2016|
|December 16, 2016||January 2017||January 31, 2017|
|April 28, 2017||May 2017||May 31, 2017|