Research and Evaluation
: Research Proposals
: Grant Awards
The research proposal process has two tracks for conducting research in DeKalb County School District:
- Local School Research Projects
- – for DCSD employees who plan to conduct research that only involves data collection at the employee's place of employment (school). This process requires principal's approval only. This application track may not be used for doctoral dissertations. Local school research project proposals are usually requirements for Master's or Specialist classes.
- Research Review Board Research
- – for all prospective researchers conducting research for a doctoral dissertation, research involving data collection at a school that is not the employee's place of employment, or research at multiple sites. All central office employees and those who are not DCSD employees will use this application process.
Process Flow Chart
Local School Research
1. Researcher submits application w/attachments to the principal.
2. Principal reviews and approves or denies the proposal.
3. If approved, the researcher submits copy of signed application w/attachments to DCSD Department of Research, Assessments, and Grants (RAG) for documentation purposes.
4. RAG receives, reads, and files applications w/attachments for documentation.
5. Researcher forwards a copy of completed research project. RAG reads and files a copy of the completed study.
Research Review Board Research
1. University official submits application packet (w/supporting documents) to RAG electronically. Applications may also be submitted by government agencies or research institutes.
2. The Department of Research, Assessments, and Grants (RAG) staff reviews the application w/ attachments (first screening).
3. Research proposal is accepted or denied for RRB review.
4. RRB review proposals 3x a year (2nd screening).
September, January, and May
5. RRB sends a letter of approval or denial to the researcher.
6. If approved, researcher secures permission from the principal(s) to conduct the research at the school site.
7. If denied, researcher my resubmit proposal (at a later date).
8. Researcher submits a copy of the completed study to RAG.
Research Proposal Submission Calendar
||Decision Letter Sent
|August 28, 2015
||October 2, 2015
|December 18, 2015
||February 5, 2016
|April 29, 2016
||June 3, 2016
Friday, April 1, 2016
IS THE LAST DAY TO COLLECT DATA IN THE SCHOOLS
FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2015-2016