This web page conforms to level A of the W3C's "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0" available at http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/.
information & instructions for conducting research [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/information-and-instructions-for-conducting-research.pdf ]
research process flow chart [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/research-process-flow-chart.doc ]
local school research application [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/local-school-research-application.doc ]
local school research application - principals guidance [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/local-school-research-application-principals-guidance.doc ]
institutional review board research application [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/institutional-review-board-research-application.doc ]
institutional review board research standards [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/institutional-review-board-research-standards.pdf ]
institutional review board evaluation rubric [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/institutional-review-board-evaluation-rubric.doc ]
requirements for letter of institutional endorsement [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/requirements-for-letter-of-institutional-endorsement.doc ]
letter of informed consent - sample [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/letter-of-informed-consent-sample.doc ]
research proposal submission calendar [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/research-proposal-submission-calendar.pdf ]
dekalb county school district Research Interests [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/research-interests.pdf ]
letter of informed consent checklist [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/research-and-evaluation/letter-of-informed-consent-checklist.pdf ]
(new for 2013—2014 school year)
1. Researcher submits application w/attachments to the principal.
2. Principal reviews and approves or denies the proposal.
3. If approved, the researcher submits copy of signed application w/attachments to DCSD Department of Research, Assessments, and Grants (RAG) for documentation purposes.
4. RAG receives, reads, and files applications w/attachments for documentation.
5. Researcher forwards a copy of completed research project. RAG reads and files a copy of the completed study.
1. University official submits application w/attachments to DCSD. Applications may also be submitted by government agencies or research institutes.
2. The Department of Research, Assessments, and Grants (RAG) staff reviews the application w/ attachments (first screening).
3. Institutional Review Board (IRB) research proposal is accepted for review or denied review. IRB sends letter to the researcher if the review is denied.
4. IRB reviews the proposal:
IRB rubric | IRB comment form
5. Unanimous decision of the IRB committee is required for approval or denial of proposal. IRB sends letter of approval/denial to the researcher.
6. Researcher secures permission from the principal(s) to conduct the research at the school site(s).
7. Researcher submits a copy of the completed study to RAG.
|Review Month||Submission Deadline
|August 2013||July 29, 2013||September 6, 2013|
|September 2013||August 26, 2013||October 4, 2013|
|October 2013||September 30, 2013||November 1, 2013|
|November 2013||October 28, 2013||December 6, 2013|
|December 2013||November 25, 2013||January 3, 2014|
|January 2014||January 10, 2014||February 7, 2014|
|February 2014||January 27, 2014||March 7, 2014|
|March 2014||February 24, 2014||April 4, 2014|
|April 2014||March 31, 2014||May 2, 2014|
|May 2014||April 28, 2014||June 6, 2014|
|June 2014||May 27, 2014||July 3, 2014|
|July 2014||June 30, 2014||August 1, 2014|