Title I Family Engagement Centers (FEC)
Our mission is to support parents and caregivers in their child's academic growth. Five Region Family Engagement Centers are geographically located in the district serving as a hub for workshops and resources. A Region Family Engagement Facilitator is assigned to each location to assist with your parental needs.
The centers' resources focus on instruction, Title I programs, college information, parent engagement and other offerings for students in grades Pre-K - 12th grade. Computers are available for use as well as a lending library allowing parents the opportunity to take resources home, on loan. Parents are encouraged to "Be Our Guest" at any location. This Title I initiative was developed with input from parents and caregivers. For more information about Title I, click here [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/office-of-federal-programs ]
Region Contacts, Locations and Times
All centers are open Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Family Engagement Workshops [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/parent-resource-centers/fec-course-catalog-1-(2015-2016).pdf ] are conducted throughout the calendar year with varying morning, afternoon and evening time schedules. Centers are also open on certain Saturdays from 9am - 12 noon. Call the individual center for questions.
FEC Course Catalog
Family Engagement Center Locations
Workshops and Resources
All parents of students who attend a Title I school can take part in the workshops and resources. Topics for the workshops will vary based on a parent needs survey. By building strong parent partnerships, we will increase student achievement in our schools.
- Provide core subject materials for grades Pre K - 12th for parents to check out
- Maintain a professional library of parent resource books
- Provide test-taking strategies for Georgia Milestones K-12
- Conduct sessions on understanding the Georgia Performance Standards (GPS) and Common Core
- Provide technology resources to extend learning at home
- Conduct reading summer enrichment
- Assist with school projects - make & take
- Assist with accessing and navigating parent portal
- Maintain two - four computers for parent use
Connect with us on social media for Parent Tips and other district news.