News and Info
- press release [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/newsroom/press/pdf/2012-03-20.2012-04-03.DeKalb_County_School_District_Launches_New_Alert_System.pdf ]
- letter to parents [ http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/news-and-info/k12-alerts/parent-letter-(2012-03-08).pdf ]
In an effort to communicate urgent information and ensure continued transparency, the DeKalb County School District launched an exciting new communications tool called DeKalb Alerts [ http://www.k12alerts.com ]. The free service provides timely school-related alerts through email, text message and telephone.
DeKalb Alerts helps keep parents, staff members and county residents informed of everything from weather related school closings and early dismissals to other important news impacting the School District. The service also allows messages to be translated into multiple languages.
The DeKalb County School District thanks you for your continued support. We are committed to keeping you informed at every level of our progress to ensure Victory in Every Classroom!
DeKalb Alerts Frequently Asked Questions
- What is DeKalb Alerts?
- DeKalb Alerts is an automated notification service that helps communicate important messages to a variety of stakeholder groups, including multilingual audiences and those that do not have access to traditional media or the Internet. By communicating through the devices many of us use every day, DeKalb Alerts allows the DeKalb County School District to send timely school-related updates through email, text message and telephone to those who subscribe for the service.
- Does DeKalb Alert's "Parent Portal" replace the eSIS Parent Portal?
- Is my information being collected and used for purposes other than receiving email alerts, text messages and voice messages through DeKalb Alerts?
- No. The primary purpose for DeKalb Alerts is to help you stay informed of important School District news. Your information is only being collected to share this news with you using the communication channel you choose, including email, text message and/or telephone.
- Is the DeKalb Alerts web portal secure?
- Yes. Your subscriber information is stored on a secure server with SSL encryption. Please remember if you give your username and password to anyone, including your child, your account and contact information can be accessed.
- Is the emergency contact information I provide to DeKalb Alerts sent to the registrar's office at my child's school?
- No. Parents should always ensure their emergency contact information is accurate with the registrar's office at their child's school and notify them immediately of any changes.
- Do I have to register for DeKalb Alerts?
- No. Registering for DeKalb Alerts is strictly voluntary.
- Can I unsubscribe to the service if I wish to no longer receive alerts?
- Yes. You can unsubscribe to the service at any time. At the bottom of every alert, there will be a link to unsubscribe.
- I have forgotten my password for DeKalb Alerts, what do I do?
- To retrieve your password, log into the DeKalb Alerts Parent, Staff or Resident portal and click on the link that says, "If you forgot your password, click here." Then follow the prompts to retrieve it.
- Will I be charged by my cell phone carrier if I subscribe for the text message service?
- The DeKalb County School District does not pay for text message charges that may be incurred by the user. Check with your cell phone provider for any possible charges that you may incur.
Register for DeKalb Alerts [ http://www.k12alerts.com/portal/dekalbcountysd/ ]