The Board of Education provides long-term disability insurance. Additional optional benefits available for which the employee pays part or all of the costs include dependent coverage, dental insurance, health insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
- Personal Sick Leave
- Employees earn 1.25 sick days per month and may accumulative to 190 days. Three days each year are usable for personal or professional leave, and three days each year may be used for bereavement or religious leave.
- Sick Leave Bank
- The sick leave bank is voluntary and provides protection to an employee who must be absent from duty due to a catastrophic personal health condition and who has exhausted all accumulated personal sick leave.
- Teacher Retirement Plan
- The Teachers Retirement System of Georgia [ http://www.trsga.com ] is one of the best in the nation with 12.28 percent of salary paid by the Board of Education with teachers contributing only 6.00 percent.
- Professional Development
- DeKalb County Schools recognizes the need for employees to grow professionally and offers needs-driven professional development classes which are tied to the curriculum and focus on the Board of Education's goals. Stipends are paid for some professional development courses.
- beneficiary form () [ http://fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us/DeKalb+Discussions/Human+Resources/Aetna+Beneficiary+Form.pdf ]
Board-Sponsored Life Insurance
DeKalb County School District provides Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), and Survivor Income Benefit (SIB) rolled into one package for our employees.
It is very important to make sure your beneficiary information is always up to date (marriage, divorce, birth of a child, etc).
Forms and Websites
Forms followed by a "()" are for employees only and require a FirstClass username and password to access.
Benefit and Insurance Premiums
- benefits rates [ http://dch.georgia.gov/sites/dch.georgia.gov/files/2014%20Active%20Rates%20-Approved%20lwop-%20FMLA-%20Disb-%20Military.pdf ]
- health premiums while on leave without pay [ https://dch.georgia.gov/sites/dch.georgia.gov/files/2014%20Active%20Rates%20-Approved%20lwop-%20FMLA-%20Disb-%20Military.pdf ]
Department of Administrative Services (DOAS)